Start your online master’s programme in Data Science today
You want to conquer the world of data? We have just the thing for you! Our 120 ECTS master’s programme is for holders of a related bachelor’s degree with a knack for innovation and anything digital.
How your studies get you ahead:
- You hone your skills in data evaluation and analysis, e. g. in stock analysis, autonomous systems and language and text recognition.
- You dive deep into sought-after areas such as machine learning, deep learning and current methods of data science.
- You prepare for management positions in IT.
100% flexibleYou decide where and when you want to study.
Versatile & InnovativeYour digital learning journey with personal support!
Top-level educationFirst-class study programmes with a recommendation rate of 96%.
Study programme & degreeMaster of Science (MSc) 120 ECTS
Full-time or part-time, 100% flexible
Application & starting dateStart immediately or anytime
Online application, no application deadlines
Study duration & extension24-48 months, depending on model
Extension possible free of charge
LocationsStudy programme independent of time & place
No mandatory attendance
Innovative study tools available on online-campus & in the IU Learn App
Exams online or at nearest examination centre
Study feesStarting at 316€/month, depending on model
Regular discount campaigns
Recognition & ApprovalStudy program is state-approved, accredited & internationally renowned
120 ECTS - English
AR-Siegel, ZFU 1110020c
Simply register online for your desired programme.
Duration 24 Months
Perfect for students who want to hit the ground running and shorten the period of study by increasing their studying pace.
Duration 36 Months
Excellent for talented all-rounders who want to give their studies everything they’ve got while holding down a job and keeping down their monthly costs at the same time.
Duration 48 Months
Ideal for students who would like to take their time completing their course on top of their job and everyday life and keep down the monthly costs of their studies.
The total price includes a one-off graduation fee in the amount of €799. This fee is payable at the end of your studies.
Career coaching: this offer is available to Bachelor’s degree students (with at least 120 ECTS) and Master’s degree students.
Cloud-based open source tools: in order to make use of cloud-based open source tools during your studies, you will need a desktop PC or laptop. Neither is included in the package of services we provide.
Get your Dual Degree.
With the dual degree from IU International University and LSBU, London South Bank University, you have the opportunity to obtain a fully-fledged UK degree* in addition to the German one – for a one-time fee in the amount of € 750. You will then complete your studies at IU International University.
This is how it works:
You simply register for your dual degree via myCampus.
Once you have successfully completed your studies, you will automatically be awarded the UK degree certificate, as the study programmes at IU International University of Applied Sciences and LSBU are aligned with one another and, therefore, equivalent.
What is the LSBU?
With over 18,000 students from more than 130 countries, London South Bank University stands out above all for its internationality. Like IU International University of Applied Sciences, LSBU has won several awards and is committed to ensuring the best career prospects for its students. Our partnership has one primary goal: Qualify for the best jobs in the world with a dual degree.
Are you enrolled in a study programme approved for the dual degree qualification? Then you have the opportunity to register for your dual degree via myCampus:
Register for your dual degree
- 1. Select Application for UK degree certificate from the Application Management section of your myCampus profile.
- 2. Register for your dual degree using the application form in myCampus. You must register before you have reached 50% of your course work.
- 3. Receive your dual degree and thus the academic degree (UK) directly from LSBU.
You must register your application for a dual degree via myCampus before you have reached 50% of your course work (including recognized ECTS).
Our student advisors will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the dual degree.
*In addition to all English-language MBA-programmes, this includes the following English-language programmes: BA Business Administration, BA International Management, BA International Management, BSc Computer Science, BSc Data Science, MA Management, MBA MBA - Big Data Management, MBA MBA – Engineering Management, MBA MBA – Finance & Accounting, MBA MBA – IT Management, MBA MBA – International Marketing, MBA Master of Business Administration, MBA Master of Business Administration, MSc Artificial Intelligence, MSc Computer Science, MSc Data Science, MSc Data Science.
Please note that not all elective compulsory modules are recognised by LSBU and you do not qualify for the dual degree if you choose them.
Free trial phase of four weeks*
Access to online libraries
Personal assistance from lecturers
Online campus with innovative study tools
Access to Statista and LinkedIn Learning
Individual study and career coaching
Online exams around the clock
License for Microsoft Office and Teams
Flexible extension of study duration
- Completed undergraduate degree of at least 180 ECTS
- From a state or state-approved university / university of applied sciences
- Final grade of at least “satisfactory”
- Proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
In the 120 ECTS variants, you must demonstrate prior knowledge in the fields of Computer Science and Statistics. You can complete the corresponding courses with us free of charge as part of your studies.
For the English-language study programme, we require proof of your English language skills. We accept the following:
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. grade B)
Please note: The proof must be submitted before the start of the study programme and must not be older than five years. If you have already completed your first degree in English or if English is your native language, you no longer need to prove your English language skills separately.
You can qualify for selected study programmes even without having a Bachelor's degree, if you have many years of professional experience as a manager or expert.
Admission requirements are:
University entrance qualification
- A-levels/ vocational diploma or
- Completed vocational training of at least two years (DQR level 4) with relevance to the desired study programme
- At least 10 years of professional experience relevant to your preferred study programme, of which at least 6 years in a leading or expert role: Proof must be supplied using certificates of further training, employer references, letters of recommendation, written confirmations by the employer or similar certifications
Passing of preparatory module at IU
The preparatory module* at IU International University of Applied Sciences consists of two parts:
- Seminar paper (approx. 40 pages), time for completion: 12 weeks (full-time)
- Oral exam of 30 minutes
* The preparatory module can only be attended at IU. If you start your master’s programme at IU based on this preparatory module, you cannot switch to another university within this master’s programme.
Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will typically be responsible for all aspects of transforming data into usable value, from designing technical infrastructure and building advanced learning models to improving data quality and evaluating forecasts. As a senior, you'll also mentor juniors, lead a team and drive key decision-making processes. You'll also champion innovative solutions and advise on research and development.
Data Science Consultant
As a Data Science Consultant, you will help companies and teams to achieve their goals in order to become a future-oriented company. Generally, you are responsible for identifying potential use cases, carrying out the initial project planning, and defining the relevant key figures and metrics to monitor success. As an expert, you are fit in dealing with new technologies and complex mathematical methods that enable you to establish completely new approaches.
Data Science Developer
As a Data Science Developer you are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data science infrastructure and cloud services. You develop and implement machine and deep learning models and ensure that all relevant data is accessible. In many cases, you will be in charge of evaluating and improving the quality of the data used in the project. As an expert, you also always have an eye on the big picture in order to set trends in the market.
- Shortening your period of study: Skip individual modules or whole semesters!
- Save on tuition fees: You’ll save €30 for every recognised ECTS point
Even before you apply for an online study programme, we’ll gladly check whether we can take your previous achievements into account: 100% online, no strings attached. Simply fill in our online recognition form.
Send an email to email@example.com to find out which previous achievements you can get recognised. Make sure you send your application before the end of your 1-month trial. You can get your previous achievements recognised during your studies. However, we can no longer grant you a cost reduction after the end of the trial month.
Simply register online for your desired programme.
Find out more about IU and your study programme in your personal brochure.
- Contents and electives of your programme
- Career opportunities
- Information on financing options