Start your Master's online study programme in Digital Innovation and Intrapreneurship now
Entrepreneurial and always thinking one step ahead: Every company needs professionals who combine both skills. This is because, when combined, they provide the decisive competitive advantage! In the English-language Master's study programme in Digital Innovation and Intrapreneurship, you will perfect these qualities for success.
The continuing education programme is aimed at alumni of a Bachelor's degree with a business or technical focus who also have at least one year of relevant and qualified professional experience. After graduation, you will have transdisciplinary competencies for the (further) development of business models and the management of innovation processes.
100% flexibleYou decide where and when you want to study.
Versatile & InnovativeYour digital learning journey with personal support!
Top-level educationFirst-class study programmes with a recommendation rate of 96%.
Study programme & degreeMaster of Arts (MA) 60 ECTS
Full-time or part-time, 100% flexible
Application & starting dateStart your studies later
Online application, no application deadlines
Study duration & extension12-24 months, depending on model
Extension possible free of charge
LocationsStudy programme independent of time & place
No mandatory attendance
Innovative study tools available on online-campus & in the IU Learn App
Exams online or at nearest examination centre
Study feesStarting at 442€/month, depending on model
Regular discount campaigns
Recognition & ApprovalStudy program is state-approved, accredited & internationally renowned by the start of the program
60 ECTS - English
Currently in the process of being accredited
- Whether you’re studying full-time, alongside your job, abroad or as a parent: your online studies adapt to your life. You study online and 100% flexibly – from the first day of class right up to your exam.
- Thanks to our online campus, our innovative study app IU Learn and our virtual classes, you can fit your studies right into your daily life.
- You even get to choose how to sit your exams: online 24/7 on 365 days a year or simply on location.
- Connect with other students or your lecturers at any time: via the online campus, MS Teams, E-Mail or in interactive virtual classes.
Innovation Project Manager
As Innovation Project Manager, you work in servicing or industrial companies and provide your expertise at the interface between product development and marketing.
Innovation Specialists are responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of prototypes. You will also carry out tests on the developed prototypes.
Innovation & Application Development Manager
As an Innovation & Application Development Manager, you initiate and manage projects developing products and applications. You are responsible for technical support and provide support for your customers in close collaboration with the sales team.
Duration 12 Months
Perfect for students who want to hit the ground running and shorten the period of study by increasing their studying pace.
Duration 18 Months
Excellent for talented all-rounders who want to give their studies everything they’ve got while holding down a job and keeping down their monthly costs at the same time.
Duration 24 Months
Ideal for students who would like to take their time completing their course on top of their job and everyday life and keep down the monthly costs of their studies.
The total price includes a one-off graduation fee in the amount of €699 for Bachelor’s degree courses and €799 for Master’s degree courses. This fee is payable at the end of your studies.
Optional additional charges for international exams
Separate charges are payable for exams taken outside Germany, Austria and Switzerland. These are to be paid to the exam centre on site and currently amount to (where necessary in the local currency):
For exams taken this way, 120 euros is payable for single or multiple exams taken within an exam slot lasting up to max. 120 minutes.
For exams lasting more than 120 minutes up to 360 minutes, 170 euros is payable to the respective institute per exam slot.
As an alternative, students can make use of our online exam option which allows them to sit their exams at any place and time without any additional charges.
Career coaching: this offer is available to Bachelor’s degree students (with at least 120 ECTS) and Master’s degree students.
For the bachelor's degree program in product design, you will need model building materials and services such as FabLabs and Makerspaces for about 200.00 euros.
For the bachelor's degree program in electrical engineering, you will need hardware products such as an Arduino KIT, an FPGA board and a multimeter/oscilloscope/function generator for about 600.00 euros.
Additional costs for your Master's for Professionals: One-time fee for master’s entrance exam: 500€ (includes the course „Academic Work“)
Cloud-based open source tools: in order to make use of cloud-based open source tools during your studies, you will need a desktop PC or laptop. Neither is included in the package of services we provide.
Free trial phase of four weeks
Access to online libraries
Personal assistance from lecturers
Online campus with innovative study tools
Access to Statista and LinkedIn Learning
Individual study and career coaching
Online exams around the clock
License for Microsoft Office and Teams
Flexible extension of study duration
- Shortening your period of study: Skip individual modules or whole semesters!
- Save on tuition fees: You’ll save €30 for every recognised ECTS point
Even before you apply for an online study programme, we’ll gladly check whether we can take your previous achievements into account: 100% online, no strings attached. Simply fill in our online recognition form.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out which previous achievements you can get recognised. Make sure you send your application before the end of your 1-month trial. You can get your previous achievements recognised during your studies. However, we can no longer grant you a cost reduction after the end of the trial month.
- Completed undergraduate degree
- From a state or state-approved college/university
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory"
- Proof of at least one year’s qualified work experience completed prior to the start of the study programme (the work experience must be gained after the completion of your undergraduate studies).
Depending on your previous education, the following entry options are applicable for the 60-ECTS Master’s degree:
- 240 ECTS from your first degree: direct entry is possible
- 210 ECTS from your first degree: you are required to sit an aptitude test (TASC) or take courses amounting to 30 ECTS
- 180 ECTS from your first degree: you are required to sit an aptitude test (TASC)
Recognition of knowledge and abilities acquired outside of higher education is possible in principle.
For the English-language study programme, we require proof of your English language skills. We accept the following:
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. grade B)
Please note: The proof must be submitted before the start of the study programme and must not be older than five years. If you have already completed your first degree in English or if English is your native language, you no longer need to prove your English language skills separately.
You can qualify for selected study programmes even without having a Bachelor's degree, if you have many years of professional experience as a manager or expert.
Admission requirements are:
University entrance qualification
- A-levels/ vocational diploma or
- Completed vocational training of at least 2 years (DQR level 4) relevant to your preferred study programme and
- Master craftsman’s certificate / advanced training relevant to your preferred study programme (at least level DQR 6)
- At least 10 years of professional experience relevant to your preferred study programme, of which at least 6 years in a leading or expert role (at least level DQR 6)
Successful master’s entrance exam at IU
The master’s entrance exam at IU International University of Applied Sciences consists of two parts:
- Term paper (approx. 40 pages), allotted time: 12 weeks (fulltime)
- Oral exam (30 minutes)
Personalised & flexible
You get to study whenever, however and wherever you want – thanks to our digital campus, flexible full- and part-time models and exams you can sit online at any time. You even decide when to start your studies!
State-approved & award-winning
Our study programmes are state-approved and multi-award-winning. That makes us and our students happy – according to Fernstudiencheck.de, they are 96% likely to recommend us.
Here for you – personally
Get the support you need: via our online campus, you can participate in live sessions, chat with fellow students or benefit from our study and career coaching.
Thanks to our wide selection of practically oriented specialisations, you can create your own profile and develop skills for the career you’re dreaming of.
Find out more about IU and your study programme in your personal brochure.
- Contents and specialisations of your programme
- Career opportunities
- Information on financing options