Start your master's programme in Information Technology Management today
Our 60 ETCS programme Information Technology Management is right for you if you have degree of any kind and have gained some relevant professional experience in IT.
Your studies will get you ahead because:
- You combine practical IT knowledge with management skills, e.g. in the areas of IT strategy and organisation.
- You focus on popular areas such as cloud computing, big data applications or artificial intelligence.
- You qualify for important positions in middle and upper IT management.
100% flexibleYou decide where and when you want to study.
Versatile & InnovativeYour digital learning journey with personal support!
Top-level educationFirst-class study programmes with a recommendation rate of 96%.
Study programme & degreeMaster of Arts (MA) 60 ECTS
Full-time or part-time, 100% flexible
Application & starting dateStart immediately or anytime
Online application, no application deadlines
Study duration & extension12-24 months, depending on model
Extension possible free of charge
LocationsStudy programme independent of time & place
No mandatory attendance
Innovative study tools available on online-campus & in the IU Learn App
Exams online or at nearest examination centre
Study feesStarting at 448€/month, depending on model
Regular discount campaigns
Recognition & ApprovalStudy program is state-approved, accredited & internationally renowned
60 ECTS - English
AR-Siegel, ZFU 1129922
Simply register online for your desired programme.
In developing our course content, we pursue the goal of meeting the highest level of scientific and academic topicality while making our modules practice-oriented. Therefore, at the beginning of a new degree programme, some modules are still under development: These are available according to the semester planning of the curriculum. So nothing stands in the way of you starting your degree programme on the earliest possible start date!
Duration 12 Months
Perfect for students who want to hit the ground running and shorten the period of study by increasing their studying pace.
Duration 18 Months
Excellent for talented all-rounders who want to give their studies everything they’ve got while holding down a job and keeping down their monthly costs at the same time.
Duration 24 Months
Ideal for students who would like to take their time completing their course on top of their job and everyday life and keep down the monthly costs of their studies.
The total price includes a one-off graduation fee in the amount of €799. This fee is payable at the end of your studies.
Career coaching: this offer is available to Bachelor’s degree students (with at least 120 ECTS) and Master’s degree students.
Cloud-based open source tools: in order to make use of cloud-based open source tools during your studies, you will need a desktop PC or laptop. Neither is included in the package of services we provide.
One-time fee for pre-referral module: 500€ (includes the course „Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten“).
Free trial phase of four weeks*
Access to online libraries
Personal assistance from lecturers
Online campus with innovative study tools
Access to Statista and LinkedIn Learning
Individual study and career coaching
Online exams around the clock
License for Microsoft Office and Teams
Flexible extension of study duration
- Completed undergraduate degree with at least 240 ECTS
- From a state or state-recognised college/university
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory"
- Proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience at the beginning of the study programme (This must be acquired after completion of the undergraduate studies)
Proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing undergraduate degree).
Your professional experience from a successfully completed academic dual study programme in Germany can be considered proof of qualified professional experience for a 60 ECTS master’s programme (if the focus of the professional activity in the dual study programme fits the desired master’s programme).
The professional work experience from your dual study programme cannot be used to bridge missing ECTS points to be admitted to a 60 ECTS master’s programme.
Depending on your previous education, the 60 ECTS programme has the following admission requirements:
- 240 ECTS from the first degree: Direct access possible with proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
- 210 ECTS from the first degree: Direct access possible after attendance of courses amounting to 30 ECTS OR with proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
- 180 ECTS from the first degree: Attendance of courses amounting to 30 ECTS AND proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree) OR proof of at least two years of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
Your work experience from a successfully completed academic dual study programme in Germany can be taken as proof of qualified professional experience for a 60 ECTS master’s programme, if the focus of the work you did in your dual study programme is relevant to the desired study programme).
Work experience from your dual study programme can not be used to bridge a gap in ECTS points for admission to a 60 ECTS master’s programme.
In principle, the recongition of knowledge and skills acquired outside of the academic context is possible.
These optional admission requirements are exceptions to the rule of the aforementioned standard admission requirements and ensure the necessary qualification for master’s programmes. Admission is granted at the discretion of the institution.
For the English-language study programme, we require proof of your English language skills. We accept the following:
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. grade B)
Please note: The proof must be submitted before the start of the study programme and must not be older than five years. If you have already completed your first degree in English or if English is your native language, you no longer need to prove your English language skills separately.
You can qualify for selected study programmes even without having a Bachelor's degree, if you have many years of professional experience as a manager or expert.
Admission requirements are:
University entrance qualification
- A-levels/ vocational diploma or
- Completed vocational training of at least two years (DQR level 4) with relevance to the desired study programme
- At least 10 years of professional experience relevant to your preferred study programme, of which at least 6 years in a leading or expert role: Proof must be supplied using certificates of further training, employer references, letters of recommendation, written confirmations by the employer or similar certifications
Passing of preparatory module at IU
The preparatory module* at IU International University of Applied Sciences consists of two parts:
- Seminar paper (approx. 40 pages), time for completion: 12 weeks (full-time)
- Oral exam of 30 minutes
* The preparatory module can only be attended at IU. If you start your master’s programme at IU based on this preparatory module, you cannot switch to another university within this master’s programme.
- Shortening your period of study: Skip individual modules or whole semesters!
- Save on tuition fees: You’ll save €30 for every recognised ECTS point
Even before you apply for an online study programme, we’ll gladly check whether we can take your previous achievements into account: 100% online, no strings attached. Simply fill in our online recognition form.
Send an email to email@example.com to find out which previous achievements you can get recognised. Make sure you send your application before the end of your 1-month trial. You can get your previous achievements recognised during your studies. However, we can no longer grant you a cost reduction after the end of the trial month.
Simply register online for your desired programme.
Find out more about IU and your study programme in your personal brochure.
- Contents and electives of your programme
- Career opportunities
- Information on financing options