Go for it: Become a pro in marketing and management.
Start your Master's online study programme in Marketingmanagement now
Our 60 ECTS master’s programme in Marketing Management is for you if you’ve completed an undergraduate degree in any subject and have relevant professional experience.
How your studies get you ahead:
- You combine your experience in marketing with management skills.
- You expand your knowledge with the modules “Online and Social Media Marketing”, “International Marketing” and “Digital Business Models”.
- You get to choose electives such as “E-Commerce”, “Communication and Public Relations” or “UI/UX Expert”.
- With your degree, you qualify for management positions.
100% flexibleYou decide where and when you want to study.
Versatile & InnovativeYour digital learning journey with personal support!
Top-level educationFirst-class study programmes with a recommendation rate of 96%.
Study programme & degreeMaster of Arts (M.A.) 60 ECTS
Full-time or part-time
Application & starting dateStart immediately or anytime
Online application, no application deadlines
Study duration & extension12-24 months, depending on model
Extension possible free of charge
LocationsStudy programme independent of time & place
No mandatory attendance
Innovative study tools available on online-campus & in the IU Learn App
Exams online or at nearest examination centre
Study feesStarting at 448€/month, depending on model
Regular discount campaigns
Recognition & ApprovalStudy program is state-approved, accredited & internationally renowned
60 ECTS - English
AR-Siegel, ZFU 1151223
Simply register online for your desired programme.
Your modules in the online learning programme Marketingmanagement
In your master’s programme in Marketing Management, you combine expert knowledge with business savviness. It includes modules such as “Online and Social Media Marketing”, “International Consumer Behaviour”, “Applied Marketing Research” and “Digital Business Models”. In these courses, you deal with current developments in marketing, modern channels of communication as well as important economic elements on the international market. Additionally, you choose one out of 9 electives, for example “Communication and Public Relations”, “Product Development and Design Thinking” or “Strategic Marketing”.
Study model and prices for the Master's online study programme in Marketing Management
Depending on your personal or professional situation, full-time study is not always easy to manage. That is why we have also developed part-time programmes for all our degrees, which offer flexible and longer study periods. This way, you can study alongside your job or during your time off, whether at home or abroad. The content of the different models is identical. Depending on the study model, we will adjust your tuition fees accordingly. With the part-time variants, your weekly study workload is reduced.
Can't finish your degree in the allotted time? No problem! We will develop the right study model for everyone. If you realise that you need more time, you can easily switch to another study model with three months’ notice before the end of the month. These are our different study models:
Duration 12 Months
Perfect for students who want to hit the ground running and shorten the period of study by increasing their studying pace.
Duration 18 Months
Excellent for talented all-rounders who want to give their studies everything they’ve got while holding down a job and keeping down their monthly costs at the same time.
Duration 24 Months
Ideal for students who would like to take their time completing their course on top of their job and everyday life and keep down the monthly costs of their studies.
The total price includes a one-off graduation fee in the amount of €799. This fee is payable at the end of your studies.
We charge 5€/shipment within Europe* and 10€/shipment for the rest of the world if you require the printed study scripts to be delivered outside of Germany.
*This includes the following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, United Kingdom, Cyprus.
Career coaching: this offer is available to Bachelor’s degree students (with at least 120 ECTS) and Master’s degree students.
Cloud-based open source tools: in order to make use of cloud-based open source tools during your studies, you will need a desktop PC or laptop. Neither is included in the package of services we provide.
One-time fee for pre-referral module: 500€ (includes the course „Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten“).
Free trial phase of four weeks*
Access to online libraries
Personal assistance from lecturers
Online campus with innovative study tools
Access to Statista and LinkedIn Learning
Individual study and career coaching
Online exams around the clock
License for Microsoft Office and Teams
Flexible extension of study duration
- Completed undergraduate degree with at least 240 ECTS
- From a state or state-recognised college/university
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory"
- Proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience at the beginning of the study programme (This must be acquired after completion of the undergraduate studies)
Depending on your previous education, the 60 ECTS programme has the following admission requirements:
- 240 ECTS from the first degree: Direct access possible with proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
- 210 ECTS from the first degree: Direct access possible after attendance of courses amounting to 30 ECTS OR with proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
- 180 ECTS from the first degree: Attendance of courses amounting to 30 ECTS AND proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree) OR proof of at least two years of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing the undergraduate degree)
Your work experience from a successfully completed academic dual study programme in Germany can be taken as proof of qualified professional experience for a 60 ECTS master’s programme, if the focus of the work you did in your dual study programme is relevant to the desired study programme).
Work experience from your dual study programme can not be used to bridge a gap in ECTS points for admission to a 60 ECTS master’s programme.
In principle, the recongition of knowledge and skills acquired outside of the academic context is possible.
These optional admission requirements are exceptions to the rule of the aforementioned standard admission requirements and ensure the necessary qualification for master’s programmes. Admission is granted at the discretion of the institution.
Proof of at least one year of qualified professional experience when starting the study programme (must be acquired after completing undergraduate degree).
Your professional experience from a successfully completed academic dual study programme in Germany can be considered proof of qualified professional experience for a 60 ECTS master’s programme (if the focus of the professional activity in the dual study programme fits the desired master’s programme).
The professional work experience from your dual study programme cannot be used to bridge missing ECTS points to be admitted to a 60 ECTS master’s programme.
For the English-language study programme, we require proof of your English language skills. We accept the following:
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. grade B)
Please note: The proof must be submitted before the start of the study programme and must not be older than five years. If you have already completed your first degree in English or if English is your native language, you no longer need to prove your English language skills separately.
You can qualify for selected study programmes even without having a Bachelor's degree, if you have many years of professional experience as a manager or expert.
Admission requirements are:
University entrance qualification
- A-levels/ vocational diploma or
- Completed vocational training of at least two years (DQR level 4) with relevance to the desired study programme
- At least 6 years of professional experience relevant to your preferred study programme, of which at least 3 years in a leading or expert role: Proof must be supplied using certificates of further training, employer references, letters of recommendation, written confirmations by the employer or similar certifications
Passing of preparatory module at IU
The preparatory module* at IU International University of Applied Sciences consists of two parts:
- Seminar paper (approx. 40 pages), time for completion: 12 weeks (full-time)
- Oral exam of 30 minutes
* The preparatory module can only be attended at IU. If you start your master’s programme at IU based on this preparatory module, you cannot switch to another university within this master’s programme.
Do you need help with your decision? Your personal study advisor is happy to help you!
- +49 (0)30 220 272 80 *Available Monday–Friday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. CET
- Free call-back service
Your career prospects
Your master's programme helps you develop – professionally and personally. In addition to new knowledge, you will acquire key skills that will qualify you for sought-after expert and management positions. You also raise your chances of getting a raise.
Recognition of Achievements
Have you already completed a training course, studied at a university or gained work experience? Then you have the opportunity to get your previous achievements recognised. By doing so, you save time and tuition fees – namely €30 per recognised ECTS point.
- Shortening your period of study: Skip individual modules or whole semesters!
- Save on tuition fees: You’ll save €30 for every recognised ECTS point
Even before you apply for an online study programme, we’ll gladly check whether we can take your previous achievements into account: 100% online, no strings attached. Simply fill in our online recognition form.
Send an email to email@example.com to find out which previous achievements you can get recognised. Make sure you send your application before the end of your 1-month trial. You can get your previous achievements recognised during your studies. However, we can no longer grant you a cost reduction after the end of the trial month.
Find the right programme for you!
Simply register online for your desired programme.
Find out more about IU and your study programme in your personal brochure.
- Contents and electives of your programme
- Career opportunities
- Information on financing options